My lovely friend Gina was Queen Wombat for the month of July. She picked Fairytales for her theme. Now this has been a bit of fun. I designed a few blocks for some of the other Wombats, as well as some extras for Gina’s quilt. Plus… I was having too much fun to stop.
Here are 6 of them that have been pieced so far by the Wombats…
The Little Mermaid (pieced by Jane), The Frog Prince (pieced by Fiona), Thumbelina (pieced by Gina)
Hansel and Gretel (pieced by Marieka), The Three Bears (pieced by Melissa) and Rapunzel, which was my contribution.
I’m loving them so much, I think a fairytale quilt is in my near future. Well once the LEGO Star Wars one is done!
And for the curious, here’s a little mock layout with the other fairytale blocks I have drawn up.
I will have these patterns in my Craftsy shop once they have all been tested. I am thinking of listing them individually, as well as bundled (likely two bundles of 7 patterns each so there aren’t a bazillion pages in one PDF!). Any thoughts on how you’d like to see them bundled?
That’s my contribution for the paper piecing party this week Despite being in quarantine and having lots of home time, sick kidlet and sick mummy have meant not much sewing has happened. Hopefully I’ll be back in the swing of things soon!
How about you? What paper piecing mischief have you been up to?
Quick refresher on what the deal is with the Paper Piecing Party (full details here):
* It’s on every weekend here at Quiet Play, starting Friday.
* Link up something you’re working on that’s foundation paper pieced
* Link a blog post or flickr photo
* Visit at least two other links and leave a comment because that’s half the fun!
* I’ll pick one each week to win their choice of a free pattern from my Craftsy shop. Keep on paper piecing ;) Last week’s winner was Rachel!