Friday, 5 July 2013
Paper Piecing Party – Rapunzel
“Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!”
It’s Gina’s month for Wombat Stew and she chose “Fairy tales” as her theme. Rapunzel is my absolute favourite so had to feature in my block.
I used my favourite Color Weave for her hair – gives a nice bit of texture! She doesn’t have a face though – I’ll leave that up to Gina if she wants one on her or not!! Color Weave in cream is also the basis of most of the tower.
I couldn’t resist a bit of fussy cut text when I saw this line on one of the prints (I –think- it’s Madrona Road? Can’t remember!).
G loves ladybugs, so I fussy cut a little one down the bottom of the block. It looks like it’s ready to climb onto Rapunzel’s hair!
And I used a vine print to kind of represent the vines climbing up the towers. Not sure how successfully that worked but that was my intention!
She was a bit fiddly to put together – probably took nearly 3 hours but happy to say, not too much unpicking. Whew! Hope you like your block G!
So that’s my paper piecing adventures for today! Next up will be more Star Wars characters more likely!
Now it’s your turn! Share what you’ve been working on or what you’re planning on all foundation style.
Quick refresher on what the deal is with the Paper Piecing Party (full details here):
* It’s on every weekend here at Quiet Play, starting Friday.
* Link up something you’re working on that’s foundation paper pieced
* Link a blog post or flickr photo
* Visit at least two other links and leave a comment because that’s half the fun!
* I’ll pick one each week to win their choice of a free pattern from my Craftsy shop. Keep on paper piecing ;) Last week’s winner was Leanne!