I felt like I had a bit of a leg up for this month's Craftsy blocks! We did a string block back in January for the QCA bee so it was familiar territory.
Although this time it was all about foundation piecing. So instead of paper piecing the block, it was onto fabric. It certainly made it easier to make that white strip perfectly centred. But it felt like a waste of fabric and I hate how bulky the seams are. Plus I really suck at ironing my seams open. Amazing I didn't burn all my fingers.
I'm happy with how this one turned out. The green was an afterthought but I'm glad I added it in - it really makes the fabrics pop I think.
For the Broken Spiderweb block, instead of going for a colour theme, I instead chose all the same fabric prints just in different colours.
Here are my 6 blocks so far. This is perhaps going to be the most colourful, scrappy, random type quilt I have done to date!
Well now to go and decide what to do about that owl quilt. Hopefully will have some progress on that soon! Thanks to those who responded with suggestions on the great scrappy vs solid debate!