Tuesday 19 May 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Geometric Sewing Machine

Those who follow me on IG know that I'm kind of loving geometric patterns at the moment. It seemed only natural that a sewing machine silhouette was on the list to go all geometric. With the great excuse of having to come up with something for a swap (#alisonglassminiquiltswap for the curious), I got busy and came up with this!


This mini quilt is just filled with things I love. A vintage sewing machine, geometric design, rainbow (rainbow! who doesn't love rainbows?!) and Alison Glass's Sun Prints.



I finished it off with some straight line quilting, bound with some pretty Bike Path print and called it done!

The pattern for this is foundation paper pieced (no surprise there) and you can find it in my shop. And here's a little mockup of how the pattern might look in single colours too. For me, rainbow was clearly the winner. Because rainbow.


 

I'm linking this up in the Mini Quilt section for the Blogger's Quilt Festival. You can find more details about the festival here. Go check out all that pretty quilty eye candy! Have fun!

http://amyscreativeside.com/bloggers-quilt-festival/


22 comments:

  1. Those are way cool! Congets on joining the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are way cool! Congets on joining the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous -- I absolutely love it. I think I need to make one. In rainbow colors, of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally stunning! Great job! I'd go rainbow or purple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to all things rainbow - you nailed it Kristy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kristi, that's fab! Maybe it's time for me to try PP *again*!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the design Kristy and so love your rainbow version - the binding is perfect too !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is about the "coolest" quilt I've seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are wonderful. you did a fantastic job. My mom was called "our rainbow grandma" by all the grandkids. And she had a "rainbow" garden with a plaque one of my sister-in-laws made for her. Mom was all about color and putting them together. LOL guess that is where I get it from.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a great design :-) And who can resist rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. another fab design! Love the Alison Glass fabrics arranged like this

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea for a beautiful quilt! I love your colorful sewing machine design, wonderful fabrics and quilting :)
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute in these fabrics! Love your geometric designs!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Because rainbow indeed. wise words!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe designing FPP is easy, so this is very impressive. Your choice of rainbow is perfect, but I bet an aqua machine would look lovely in my sewing room! Best of luck in the Quilt Festival. I think you have a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun quilt! It just is so joyfull!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just such an awesome sewing machine - love it! Just had to buy the pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really cute quilt. Love the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!