Sunday 1 March 2015

Zoo Animals – March Block

Oh dear, my poor neglected blog. Sorry lovely quilty types – these days seem quite busy so there’s not much blogging happening beyond the BoM posts each month! Between Make Modern (Issue Four is out today!), homeschooling, sorting out some autoimmune issues, and just life in general, I’m afraid blogging tends to take a bit seat. I hope you guys understand and I appreciate you still popping in when I do post!

Now let’s move onto what you’re here for! It’s March and it’s time for a new block in the Zoo Animals BoM! I decided to stick with the wintry theme and go with the polar bear next! It’s summer here and I’m long for colder weather… though from what I’ve seen on the news most of you are probably long for the summer weather. Shame we can’t trade!

Polar Bear March Zoo Animal Block by Quiet Play

So here’s our happy little polar to help some of you enjoy winter more, and to cool off those of us in summer!  Once again, the eyes are the fiddliest part but as this is the third block, I’m sure you’re getting the hang of them!

A quick refresher on how the BoM works. There are 9 patterns which will take you through to September. That gives you the last few months of the year to get the patterns finished and put together into a fun quilt or wallhanging.


 
Each pattern makes a 10” block. The patterns range in skill level and I will be sharing the easier ones first leading up to the hardest at the end (I’m looking at you Mr Lion). Each month there will be one free pattern made available. It becomes a paid pattern on the 1st of the next month (Australian time because I’m Australian) and the next pattern becomes available. Or if you can’t wait for all of the patterns to become available, you can pick up the entire bundle in my new shop.
 
Please note that while I’m sharing the easier ones first, these aren’t super simple basic paper pieced patterns. Mainly because of the eyes which tend to have small pieces. However I quite like the charm of the eyes in the patterns so I decided to keep them in and have a mid range skill level this year.

You can pop by my shop and pick this pattern up for free during March. I can’t wait to see how you make this pattern your own. Make sure you pop back and link it up here to share your version! Or post them on IG and tag me (@quietplay) and hashtag #quietplaypatterns

Happy sewing!




2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!