Sunday 1 February 2015

Zoo Animals–February Block


Hi quilty types! Oh look – it’s February already! Eek! That must mean it’s time for a new block for the Zoo Animals BoM! I loved seeing the Flamingos that you made last month and I look forward to seeing how people make February’s block too!


A quick refresher on how the BoM works. There are 9 patterns which will take you through to September. That gives you the last few months of the year to get the patterns finished and put together into a fun quilt or wallhanging.

Each pattern makes a 10” block. The patterns range in skill level and I will be sharing the easier ones first leading up to the hardest at the end (I’m looking at you Mr Lion). Each month there will be one free pattern made available. It becomes a paid pattern on the 1st of the next month (Australian time because I’m Australian) and the next pattern becomes available. Or if you can’t wait for all of the patterns to become available, you can pick up the entire bundle in my new shop.
 
Please note that while I’m sharing the easier ones first, these aren’t super simple basic paper pieced patterns. Mainly because of the eyes which tend to have small pieces. However I quite like the charm of the eyes in the patterns so I decided to keep them in and have a mid range skill level this year. Smile
 
So onto February’s block! We have the sweet little penguin!
Penguin Pic

You can pop by my shop and pick this pattern up for free during February. I can’t wait to see how you make this pattern your own. Make sure you pop back and link it up here to share your version! Or post them on IG and tag me (@quietplay) and hashtag #quietplaypatterns Smile

Happy sewing!



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pattern, he's adorable... I can't believe it's February already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those penguins have so much personality!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just noticed my link came out sideways!.. must be a mixed up penguin! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this darling quilt along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!