Friday 13 December 2013

Paper Piecing Party – Keeping it Simple

 Amidst all my Christmas sewing of late, I have not gotten around to much paper piecing. Shocking I know! So of course I had to remedy that and get at least one paper pieced block made!

I decided on a paper pieced pattern for my last Bee block of 2013! The Queen Bee, Kate, requested red and white solids – and any pattern of our choice. Sometimes, too much choice is a bad thing. I spent over an hour trying to choose a pattern to make! I finally settled on a modified Florida Star (I left the corner sections off to keep this fairly simple – I was inspired by this one!).

Florida Star for Kate December Bee block

Annddd I just realised I reversed the colours on the centre square haha! But anyways – I like it so we’ll pretend I did that totally on purpose Winking smile

That’s me for paper piecing this week! But I must share another little bit of excitement. I recently won one of the big giveaways on Kate Spain’s blog. I entered, then completely forgot about it, not thinking I’d  win. Then I got a fabulous email from Pete Spain telling me I scored the organisational package! It just arrived and oh boy was it exciting!

Christmas for me!

This little box was chock-a-block full of Kate Spain awesomeness! Notecards, shopping lists, notepads, photo album, calendar, pen, emery boards, folders, lions and tigers and bears, oh my! (Ok no lions or tigers or even bears – was just seeing if you were still reading!).

Giveaway goodies 2

Seriously spoilt! It’s totally made my day! A huge thank you to Pete and Kate Spain for the super-generous giveaway! It was like early Christmas at my house! You can see my little helper in the background was super keen to help out Winking smile

Rightio moving on because I’m sure you may be having jealous twinges by now Winking smile So let’s get on to the paper piecing party! What have you been working on this week?!

PPPQP
Quick refresher on what the deal is with the Paper Piecing Party (full details here):
* It’s on every weekend here at Quiet Play, starting Friday.
* Link up something you’re working on that’s foundation paper pieced
* Link a blog post or flickr photo
* Visit at least two other links and leave a comment because that’s half the fun!


13 comments:

  1. I actually love yours - even with the oops - better than the one that inspired you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a cool, retro tree topper! Maybe it was subliminal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty bee block Kristy! Yay you for winning some Kate Spain goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-)) that part about lions and tigers is my fav. no paper in our house though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the centre of your star like that, it definitely looks planned to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice block...look forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the strong graphic impact of your red star! I don't know what you mean about the center, it all looks perfect to me. Congratulations on your awesome box of goodies. I can just imagine how much fun it was to unpack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surprise gifts in the mail are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really, really like that red/white star. Oooo...fun mail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your version of the Florida star ~ just leaving off those bits made it stunning!
    Exciting to win things ~ love when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that Florida star and I agree that leaving the center white was a very happy accident :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Florida star! Looks awesome this way and i will be shamelessly copying you for my Christmas stars quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you enjoyed your package of goodies! Love seeing the hands of your helper in the frame ;) Your star block is beautiful! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for a Happy New Year too! xo Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!