Friday 12 July 2013

Paper Piecing Party – New Patterns

 I had grand plans of having Ahsoka finished to share today. But it didn’t happen. That’s life, right? So instead I’m going to share a couple of new patterns I have added to my Craftsy shop of late.

Firstly, requested and inspired by my beautiful friend Gina @ Party of 8… a little strawberry and strawberry flower. These are bundled together in a pattern.

strawberryStrawberry flower sketch

Check out this gorgeous cushion that Gina made with these patterns. I just adore it – she did such a beautiful job with the low volume print background!

Strawberry cushion by Gina @ Party of 8

So cute! Hard to pick which strawberry is my favourite of all those!

I have also added a little bundle of musical note patterns to the shop as well. 5 patterns included in the bundle.

Music notes

Not necessarily for the faint of heart – there are some small pieces in those Clefs. Here you can see how they look in fabric, as made by one of my fab testers, Susie from Susie’s Sunroom.

Musical notes by Susie

And I have added a few more freebie patterns from the LEGO collection. You can now find Superman and Catwoman, along with a few more of the LEGO Star Wars characters. I am adding the patterns as they are tested so make sure to check back if you’re waiting on a particular one to appear!

SupermanCatwoman no lines

Right, well it’s back to paper piecing LEGO Star Wars characters. Must keep on moving if I want this quilt done in time for the big birthday!

How’s your paper piecing coming along this week? Join in the Paper Piecing Party and share what you're up to!

Quick refresher on what the deal is with the Paper Piecing Party (full details here):
* It’s on every weekend here at Quiet Play, starting Friday.
* Link up something you’re working on that’s foundation paper pieced
* Link a blog post or flickr photo
* Visit at least two other links and leave a comment because that’s half the fun!
* I’ll pick one each week to win their choice of a free pattern from my Craftsy shop. Keep on paper piecing ;) Last week’s winner was Nicole!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my, I adore Gina's strawberry cushion! I spotted your musical patterns in your shop, love those too, especially my favourite, the treble clef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No PP in my house but you never fail to surprise. I like those strawberies! Sweeet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! More delightful patterns for us to gush over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the strawberry pattern, Gina's cushion is gorgeous. Sadly all of our strawberries shrivelled up and died in the unusually (for here) hot weather we had whilst we were away :( So a paper-pieced strawberry cushion is just what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Lego people are just so cool, I cannot wait to see the all quilt completed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the strawberry cushion ~ Gina did such a lovely job of it ~ the little flower in the corner is wonderful! Think I need these patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would it be wrong if i just copied Gina's pillow outright? I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I am your biggest fan; I adore your patterns and love using them!! Your patterns are always cute without being too fiddly. Thanks for spotlighting my pillow and I look forward to putting together many more of your patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.s. loving all the link ups this week...great projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally loving your patterns! I am thinking the strawberry and flower is on my wish list to make a cushion for my lounge.
    Have to laugh I have 31 patterns in my Craftsy library all but 4 are yours! Now that has to be a big compliment! I think you have found your true calling in life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!