Saturday 18 May 2013

Introducing - A Paper Piecing Party!

I heart paper piecing. Pretty sure you’re likely to have figured that out by now. I love piecing, making patterns, seeing other people’s paper piecing, discovering new patterns. I love all of it. Except for pulling off the paper on the back. But even that I can live with.

So I thought it was about time that we truly celebrated paper piecing – and what better way than with a party? Not only that, a regular weekly party!

How about a linky party just for paper piecing? Oh I can hear you shout “Yes please, our lives have been so lost without one!”. Well worry no more my friends, problem solved.

PPPQP button

Each weekend, I’ll be hosting a Paper Piecing Party right here on my blog. All you have to do is come join in the fun and link up something paper pieced you’ve been working on! It might be a finished project, a block, part of a block, a new pattern you’re planning to try… anything you like. So long as it’s related to foundation paper piecing, we’ll all be happy quilters. :)

Thought it might be fun to add in a prize each week for linking up – because really, we all love prizes right? So each week I will pick one of the links to win a free pattern of their choice from my Craftsy shop. That’s right, I’m totally enabling you to keep on paper piecing!

Keen?! Who wouldn’t be?! Pop back here on the weekend and share your paper piecing prowess! The linky will be open from late Friday night to early Monday morning (Aussie time). Share your project with us, link back to my blog (or add the button to your sidebar!) and visit some of the other paper piecing fanatics. Let’s spread the paper piecing love!

Love is in the air

26 comments:

  1. I've been trying out a new pattern I stumbled across! I think I might share it with you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I'm new to paper piecing but hooked! Thank you for hosting this great party! See you then! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a plan and might motivate to do some more - no way am I designing my own though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh if I do anything PP ill link it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! This will be great to see new patterns and ideas, too!
    Yay!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea! I'm in! I've been a paper piecing fool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Sounds fun!! You are anazing.... One day an idea then a few hours later you have a logo and everything set up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in! Love Paper Piecing. (I just tried to put your button on my blog, but couldn't get it to register and refer to your blog.)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still trying to get the code to work : / Html is not my forte haha!

      Delete
  9. If I get into PP mode I'll sure link up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic idea! Will look forward to this and maybe even enter. Who knows, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My only question is - how could we have lived so long without one? Brilliant idea. I am all for it and for spreading the vibe. Nice and generous to have a prize too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in!!! Just finished your retro kitchen collection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Count me in! I've been p-piecing for about ten years and finally have an original pattern (my little camper)that I am almost ready to share!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea, Kristy! Now I have to get back into paper piecing again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm just getting in to it so will be watching keenly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love paper piecing so much. You can do as much or as little as you like and it all turns out so magically well! And to think I was scared to try it at first!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh goody. I love paper piecing too! I have some sampler blocks I need to finish, so this might be good motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woot Woot! This sounds like sew much fun!
    Pity these wretched angels can't be paper pieced - might be a bit more fun then.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!