Tuesday 9 April 2013

Birdie bird bird

 Two little bird related things today! First a little project.

I turned my test block of the birdie bunting pattern into a bag as a birthday gift for one of my son’s little friends.

Birdie Bunting

I embroidered her name “Elora” in pink on the bottom – rather hard to see in this picture. It’s a lot clearer in real life!

Back of birdie buntingInside birdie bunting

Pretty flowers on the back as well as inside, and the gift is done and dusted. J gave it to his friend at school yesterday and apparently she thinks it would make a perfect library bag. Excellent.

In other bird news, I joined in a virtual Round Robin over at Patchwork Posse. The theme is Winter Wonderland and basically a bunch of designers have come up with one row each that can be put together as one big quilt. So it’s a round robin in terms of different patterns, but all made by one person.

So! My turn was today. My row is of course paper pieced! Featuring cardinals. We don’t have them in Australia but I loved seeing them when I lived in the US.

Winter Wonderland Row (640x106)

You can find the details on the Round Robin here and check out the Flickr group here. I have also added the free pattern to my Craftsy shop.

So now I’m off to some non bird related sewing and plan a quilt back. Details on that tomorrow. Presuming I get anything done on it today Winking smile

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful bag, and beautiful cardinals! Good work "Kristi" :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag - perfect for library treasures I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bag turned out adorable!! Sounds like the girl loves it too!! Your cardinal row is gorgeous; i would like to make a row quilt one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag is really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bunting, I wonder if it's just me but it makes me smile. The bag is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute bag - I love the bird on the bunting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the bird yesterday and look forward to the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bag ~ what a sweet gift for a little girl.
    The cardinal row is lovely ~ really like your row of the row along best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable bag! I love that sweet little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bag is so sweet! My little girls stand next to me and shout: Mami, we want a bag with this bird!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!