Monday 29 October 2012

A Donktober Project

Donktober is nearly at an end. How sad is that! On the upside, it means you have time to make something fabulously donkeylicious to enter in the linky party. It starts over at Missy Mac Creations on the 5th November. Less than a week away!

I decided to make something with my paper pieced donkey pattern. Which btw is a freebie in my Craftsy store in case you want to celebrate Donktober too! (There are prizes for the linky party.. you know… in case you need extra incentive!).

So here is my first ever attempt at a fabric basket!

Donktober Fabric Basket

You can tell it’s my first attempt as I cut the donkey’s hooves off. Oops. They are there, just underneath the basket!

FMQ donkey

I even attempted some FMQ words on this one – it says donkey on this one (original, I know!) – again, first attempt, part of the “d” is sitting round the corner of the basket. Things like this are the reason why I should plan out my quilting first before just going at it.

Donkey Hee Haw Paper Pieced Front of Fabric basket

With a bit of a hee haw on the other side. FMQ words are way quicker than embroidering them.  I didn’t even embroider the donkey’s face, I used fabric marker hehehe. Can you tell?! We’ll say that I did it to make it more durable without my wonky embroidery stitches possibly coming loose (but really, we all know it’s because I was being a slack-ass hehehe).

Summerville fabric basket backing

Some fabulous Summerville text print on the back (and for the handles). I FMQ’d some loopy loops all over it to make the basket sides a bit firmer).

Starry red inside the fabric basket

Red stars and dots on the inside – keeps it bright and fun Smile I’m not sure yet what we’re going to store in this. Maybe Jaybird’s matchbox cars or Lulu’s hair ties. I’m sure it’ll be put to good use one way or another!

Donktober Fabric Basket

So there you have it! A cute little donkey project – made more impressive by the fact I resisted using any ass puns on it. ( I did consider making a cushion with the donkey saying “Sit your ass down” but maybe that was just funny in my head).

Any donkeylicious or ridonkulous projects on your To-Do list? Might want to consider adding one after you check out the prizes on offer for the linky party Winking smile

BUTTON - Donktober 2012

Thanks Erin for the very fun Donktober celebrations!

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! Ilove fabirc baskets and one with a donkey on it - too cool!!! Great fmq writing - I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute with his little legs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is way too cute! And a cushion saying sit your ass down is definitely funny in my head too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! Makes an adorable fabric basket and the aqua is awesome. And the FMQ'd words are drool-worthy. Must try it myself. Thanks for the Donktober love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely! I must try that one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute donkey basket! I like his short legs - he's an equal opportunity donkey - a short stature donkey and he's just as lovely as a vertically enhanced one! Besides, kids would find it easier to pat him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is adorable! Your words look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute basket; great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute donkey... Certainly put a smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome!!! I'm so making mine into a basket - I need one of those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute donkey - love your quilted words!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so cool! Your paper piecing is awesome. The quilted words make it even cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great donktober project. Way to go on the FMQ'd words and congrats on your first basket - it looks awesome!
    cheers
    -k

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!