Friday 13 May 2016

Homeward Bound

 Recently I was fortunate enough to do a little bit of pattern testing. Usually it's the other way around and I'm sending out patterns for testing. It was a bit fun to be on the other end of the pattern, so to speak! My gorgeous friend Keera from Live Love Sew has just released 4 brand new patterns - and I got a sneak peek to test Homeward Bound.

Here's my version of the block:


I couldn't resist making a rainbow version with Alison Glass prints - and paired with the grey. Oh so pretty right?!


The centre I made with Ex Libris panels - which I just adore! It wasn't easy to cut them up - but I think it was worth it for how pretty it looks.


Then.  I had to add my newest obsession. Little hexies I've been making out of Sunprints (also by Alison Glass). I had quite a collection and it just seemed right to add them to this block.

The quilt block from Homeward Bound is quite large - 24" square. So I decided to add just a little bit, with the hexies and call it a finished lap quilt around 35" square. Perfect for my Miss 5 - nearly 6. She has quite a collection of quilts these days!


Here's how it finished up! I so love how the dark grey for the background makes the rainbow just sing! It's a nice little comfy quilt and the fun part is my gal helped me sort out the hexies and was involved in the layout. Always a bit special when you can work on something together!

Keera has just released this one as one of four new patterns last week - so now's your chance to nab a copy of Homeward Bound (in either PDF or paper version) and give it a try yourself! You can find Keera's blog and pattern shop here and on IG as @livelovesew.

Also anyone going to the Sydney Craft Fair at the end of June - let me know! Keera and I are meeting up, and also planning an IG meetup dinner one of the nights. We'd love to meet anyone else going along! Drop me an email if you're interested!

Happy sewing, quilty friends!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work, Kristy! I love your fabric choices!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hexies are so perfect (and soo tiny), and I love how you pulled the colors of the Ex Libris star out into your other choices. Such a lovely block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice for the Alison Glass fabrics! This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabric choices are fabulous! But how can you go wrong with Alison Glass? Love it!

    Yvonne
    sewyummy.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!