Monday 24 November 2014

Going Geometric


Of late I’ve really been crushing on geometric designs. There’s just something about them – especially when done in shades of one colour. They just make me want to design and sew all the things!

So when I started stalking my partner for the Schnitzel and Boo Mini Quilt swap… the geometric animal idea was sort of there in the back of my mind. I was tempted to do a bird because well, I love birds. But let’s be honest, that would have been more for me than for my partner! So I settled on a bear. So secret partner – this was designed just for you!

P1030438

Here’s the block I made. Obviously I still need to make it into the mini quilt but I was a bit excited and wanted to share my progress. I used 7 different shades of  blue. I think the hardest part was trying not to have the same in sections next to each other.

Don’t be surprised if you start seeing a few more geometric patterns popping up in the near future. I’m a bit addicted. But in the meantime, for those who’ve been asking for the bear pattern, I’ve listed it in my Craftsy shop!
 
Geo Bear

17 comments:

  1. Amazing! Gorgeous!

    usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this style!!! looks awesome Kristy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cannot get enough of this bear or the geometric fill. Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love this Kristy :-) I am thinking a paper pieced mini for my partner too, but just need to choose a pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bear that is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SO hope you're my partner, I am a crazy bear lady :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the geometric fabrics making up the bear, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous! I love the shades, obviously, and somehow it triggered memories of art lessons in school and Picasso's reductionist animals. I think I mean I can see you going from this to a more abstract form.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks fantastic!! I wonder if there is any geometric fabric I could 'cheat' with!! PS Three more Star Wars characters to go...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your bear ~ love the colors your chose too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristy, that's fabulous! The colors make him look like he is made from ice crystals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These geo patterns are fabulous. I thought I saw a cat on your IG, are you releasing that pattern soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's available in Issue Five of Make Modern magazine. It's a digital mag that you can pick up at makemodern.com.au :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!