Wednesday 16 April 2014

Wee Wander Blog Hop – Bright Star Cushion


wee-wander-blog-tour-logo-blog1

I think I can safely say that if you’re going to purchase any fabric collection this year, Wee Wander by Sarah Jane should be it. It’s totally worth breaking self-imposed fabric fasts for! Such a beautiful line, beautiful feel to the fabric, and the colours! Divine.

So! Now onto my project to share for the Wee Wander Blog Hop! Some might have seen sneak peeks as I am planning to make a quilt of these stars… but of course it needs a cushion to go with it. And here it is!

Wee Wander Cushion outside
I fussy cut one of my favourite prints for the centre of the star (Summer Ride in Sea Foam), and then surrounded it with the beautiful Nature Walk blenders in pink, and the border in green. I should mention Sarah Jane has just released art prints that pair beautifully with Wee Wander including one that matches Summer Ride. So tempting!

Fussy cut horse

The star pattern is a variation on the Ohio Star – and naturally it’s paper pieced. I have listed the pattern for it in my Craftsy shop as a freebie for those who might like to try it. The pattern makes a 12” block. While there might be a few pieces involved, it’s quite easy to put together and totally worth it!

Bright Star Pattern

Needless to say, my Miss 3 has already claimed this for her “big number 4 birthday” next month – which is fortunate seeing as I did make it for her after all. (She also helped with the photos, a quilter in the making!). Now to get busy and get the matching quilt finished! Can’t wait!

Wee Wander Cushion in situ

Pop over and have a look at some of the other projects from the Wee Wander Blog Hop. And if you haven’t fallen in love with Wee Wander by the end of that, well I’m not sure we can be friends anymore. ;)

Quick link so you don’t have to scroll back through the text: Bright Star Pattern can be found here.
Happy paper piecing, quilty types!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cushion Kristy and thank you for the pattern!! The Wild Horses in Seafoam is my favorite print and I bought some to make the girls dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! I am making a wee wander quilt for my niece's birthday so a pillow might be in order. Off to download the pattern now - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabric, and a lovely cushion too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Kristy! Love the fussy cutting ability for this pattern! I'll be making one for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet, I had to pin this!! - http://www.pinterest.com/redletterquilts/quilted-pillows/
    I love the way your pattern allows for a larger star to frame the square - thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are glorious, and am sure there will be many more projects using this fabric line :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pillow--very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cushion is simply gorgeous! The Nature Walk blender fabrics are beautiful - great choice of colours for your fussy cut centre.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, and I love the little bunny added as a photo prop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!