Friday 25 October 2013

Paper Piecing Party - Blossoming

 Hello my friends! Have you gotten up to some paper piecing mischief this week? I sure hope so! I know I have! Once again, I’m making a paper pieced quilt. I shared a few blocks the other day for WiP Wed – and I’m still working away at the blocks.

Blue Flower

I haven’t snapped any proper pics of the new blocks as of yet, so forgive the rehashed pic (above) and the ripped off IG pic (below).

Blossom block

I really love each new block I make just a little bit more than the last one. I have made 7 of these blocks so far – aiming for 12 I think. They’ll be put together to make a flower garden for my Miss Lulu. She loves to help me when I’m sewing (well her 3 year old version of help!) and she likes to inspect each block as I make it. Nothing like a bit of quality control.

But on to the point of this post, I have put the pattern together into a PDF and listed it in my Craftsy shop. Naturally this block could be pieced regularly, but for me paper piecing is preferable. Nice, crisp points and none of the hassle of trimming HSTs (I hate trimming HSTs. With a passion). So the pattern is for my paper pieced version of this block for those who like paper piecing as much as I do (I'm sure there's a couple of you out there! Surely?!)

Blossom

The pattern is for a 9” block. I know – it’s a somewhat unusual size for a block pattern but it just so happens that with this size you can use a layer cake nicely! Each blossom takes 2 layer cake squares (blossom and leaves) plus 2.5” strips of background fabric. It’s also a fairly quick block to put together too! Bonus! So if you’re keen, swing by my Craftsy shop and grab yourself a copy of the pattern

In other paper piecing news, time is ticking away until the big Show and Tell starts for the And Sew On BoM. I am very much looking forward to seeing what you’ve all made with the blocks! You can check out this page for details on the Show and Tell linky (which starts 31st October).

And Sew On BoM Finished wallhanging

So that’s my mischief of late. What’s yours?

PPPQP

Quick refresher on what the deal is with the Paper Piecing Party (full details here):
* It’s on every weekend here at Quiet Play, starting Friday.
* Link up something you’re working on that’s foundation paper pieced
* Link a blog post or flickr photo
* Visit at least two other links and leave a comment because that’s half the fun!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely work! I like the blocks tons! I always seem to find myself wanting to piece curves. I so wish I could embrace lines better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this little flower quilt all finished up, it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these blocks!! They have a vintage modern flair to them. looking forward to the And Sew On link up too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be a very gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anyone else who loves paper-piecing as much as you do??? I haven't come across them yet, have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another amazing pattern Kristy! Can't wait to get behind my sewing machine again to get my paper piecing on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!