Friday, 16 August 2013
Paper Piecing Party - New Patterns
Not surprisingly, my sewing time lately has been focused on the epic Lego Star Wars quilt – considering the deadline is looming in less than two weeks. So not much sewing has happened in terms of paper piecing!
However I have been working on a few new patterns that are currently being tested. Thought you might like a sneak peek!
Some knitting themed blocks:
I don’t knit – so forgive me if I got the yarn placement wrong! I’m a crochet kind of girl, though even that has fallen by the quilty wayside.
I’ve also been playing around with pattern blocks. I love when you put them together and a secondary pattern emerges. This one I think I”m calling Hidden Stars. You can see how it looks in fabric over at Sandy’s blog.
These (plus a few others) will hopefully be in the shop by the end of August. Oh and don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about the Fairytale patterns! They’ll be coming out soon! Pop by and check out how they’re looking fabric over at Gina’s blog
Now it’s your turn! Share your foundation pieced projects!
Quick refresher on what the deal is with the Paper Piecing Party (full details here):
* It’s on every weekend here at Quiet Play, starting Friday.
* Link up something you’re working on that’s foundation paper pieced
* Link a blog post or flickr photo
* Visit at least two other links and leave a comment because that’s half the fun!
* I’ll pick one each week to win their choice of a free pattern from my Craftsy shop. Keep on paper piecing ;) Last week’s winner was Tanyia!