I was going to do the entire star, but I couldn’t remember what size I had made these blocks and I decided to try the off-centre look for a change. Loving.it.
I used the grey and green colourways from Simply Colour and paired with a bit of white and grey homespun. Perfection.
Then spent long quilty minutes echoing the shape of the star with some straight line quilting. I think the quilting is what makes it.
Tada! Done! A birthday gift for a good friend of mine.
This little cushion is doing double bloggy duty as well. It's my show and tell for this week's Paper Piecing Party, and I'm also entering it in the Modern Mini Challenge over at Ellison Lane.
As for the star pattern - I have added the pattern for this creatively titled “Striped Star” paper pieced pattern to my Craftsy shop. Here’s a pic of what the entire star would look like.
I have also added the butterfly and mouse patterns from last week to the Craftsy shop too with plans for more patterns soon.
How about you? What paper piecing fun have you been up to this week?
Quick refresher on what the deal is with the Paper Piecing Party (full details here):
* It’s on every weekend here at Quiet Play, starting Friday.
* Link up something you’re working on that’s foundation paper pieced
* Link a blog post or flickr photo
* Visit other links and leave a comment because that’s half the fun!
* I’ll pick one each week to win their choice of a free pattern from my Craftsy shop. Keep on paper piecing ;) Last week’s winner was Julie!