Saturday 1 June 2013

And Sew On–June Block


That’s right, it’s June. And I just got this block made in the nick of time to share! It’s been a very busy week celebrating Miss 3’s birthday (though she insists she’s still 2. I know – 3 and she’s already fibbing about her age. What a girl!)

So are you ready for the next block? A Stitch in Time: an ode to hand sewing, hexies and tea. Three things I don’t do, but I’m sure some of you do!

June And Sew On Block A Stitch in Time

I must note: on the pattern, there’s actually a stripe included on the tea cup. But as I had that gorgeous birdie fabric (thanks Gina!), I couldn’t resist fussy cutting it and forgetting about a stripe.

Fussy cut coffee cup

And a bit more fussy cutting for the hexies. I’d highly suggest you do not use patterns or directional prints that will need to match up, as the two side hexies are actually made in three pieces. So keep that in mind when you pick the fabrics for them!

Fussy cut hexies

In hindsight, I should have used a lighter grey for the needle as it definitely gets lost in this one. Nevermind. You can learn from my mistake, right?! :)

Make sure you check out the tutorial on piecing angles too as there are a couple of those pesky angles in the block, but no y-seams. That’s reassuring isn’t it!

Paper Piecing angles 2_thumb[3][3]

You can now download this pattern from my Craftsy shop for free for the month of June. The previous patterns are also available but they’re working for a living now.

craftsy_designer_badge

Then once you’ve made your block – make sure you pop back here and link up your blog post/Flickr photo. Why you ask? Because there are awesome prizes on offer!

Take a look at these June prizes:

A jelly roll of Baby Jane by the Comstocks from Fat Quarter Shop
FatQuarterShop-175
BabyJane-JR-900

A $20 gift certificate from Pink Chalk Fabrics
Pink Chalk

And a generous scrap bag from Fabricworm

Fabricworm
And Sew On BoM Button

So what are you waiting for?! Happy sewing and make sure you pop back here to link up!

8 comments:

  1. that's a great block! My God daughter, who i childminded until she went to school, understood that she had a birthday, so she was 4, but her party was the following weekend, and she was sure that she was then five as she'd had *another* birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, 3 things I don't do! So funny. I'm so tempted to do hand applique on these. I love hand sewing and hexies! I hope to do this month's block for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great block! Is it okay if I applique on some real hexies? I really have some catching up to do now! 3 blocks behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab design, I love the fussy cut machine. Happy birthday to your little lady too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips... I don't do much of these things either but I'm intrigued by the comments to applique the hexies instead of piecing them so I might be! My "tea" cup will be filled with coffee instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another great pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't do those things either!! Love the fabrics you chose - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. completely forgot to link up! Had to be from Flickr, haven't had time to write a post yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!