I’ve learnt so much during 2012, made such wonderful friends, got stuck into blogging, joined my first Bees, started paper piecing, started designing paper pieced patterns and basically sewed my heart out. It’s been fun!
So in true lazybloggergirl style, here are collages of my top 12’s.
Top 12 paper pieced blocks:
Top 12 Quilts:
And I pretty much achieved my quilty goals for the year.
- Learn how to machine bind quilts – Done!
- Practice FMQ and try it on a quilt – Done! Still not a big fan though
- Join a Bee – make that joined three Quilting Bees!- Make a snowball quilt – what was I thinking?! I don’t even like this design now. Not done!
Likely won’t ever be done!
- King size quilt for my sister’s 30th – Not done! She never did settle on fabric for it! Did make a Queen size for my Mum, does that kind of count?! Will eventually get this one done when the freespirit sister settles on a permanent home country.
- Sort out my craft cupboard – done the other week when the electricity went out for the day. What else is a girl to do with no power to sew or blog?!
- Take a quilting class – done! Fun mystery quilt class with Fiona and a few online Craftsy ones.
Take that 2012 quilt goals! Mostly met and blitzed.
And can’t end without mentioning the excitement planned for 2013 – Pop back tomorrow for the first installment of the And Sew On BoM! Oh yeah let’s make 2013 the year of paper piecing!
Thanks for joining in the sewing madness with me this past year – here’s to a fun and creative 2013 for us all! Happy New Year!