Monday 1 October 2012

September Sewing

Round up time! But first – two little projects I finished yesterday – just in the nick of time to include in my September projects!

First up – my block for the Wombat Stew paper pieced bee. Jane from Where Jane Creates is Queen Bee for October and wants to make a little neighbourhood. So a little house was the order of the day. The only thing Jane really wanted included, was a little bit of selvedge to mark the number of the house as 34.

So here is 34 Patchwork Lane.

34 Patchwork Lane

I found the cutest selvedge with stars on it – perfect for number 34 on the door.

Quiet Play Selvedge doorQuiet Play Cat by the mailbox

A little cat waiting by the mailbox, and a Vintage Modern quilt on the line completes the scene. (The block isn’t actually as tipsy as it looks in the photo!). I’m so pleased with how this one turned out.

First attempt Janes house34 Patchwork Lane

Here’s the original EQ7 image of my design alongside the fabric version. Rather pleased! Will have this block tested then I’ll add it to my Craftsy shop.

And second block – this time I got to play pattern tester! How fun! This sweet little kiwi bird is the first paper pieced pattern by Juliet of Tartan Kiwi. Didn’t she design a fab block! It was fun to piece too
Smile
Kiwi

So I have added these to my little mosaic of September sewing projects!

September Sewing

Details: Sushi block, Iris wallhanging, Polaroids, Lonestar, Ipod case, Joy mini, Kiwi bird, Little house and Diamond Star quilt top.

How did your September shape up? Not sure if I’m ready for it to be October to be perfectly honest!

Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts



and with Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations



24 comments:

  1. That little house block is so cute Kristy! I love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your finishes this month. And I am SOOOOO freaking excited by that house block!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Kristy, that house block is to die for! If you need any more pattern testers for that one, you know where to find me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I so didn't spot the 34 stars before... sorry! Seriously, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so cute! Makes me want to try some paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see that Paper Piecing is still a strong feature of your monthly achievements. I totally want to move into #34 and give that Kiwi a little tickle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for doing such a great job testing my pattern! Your wee guy looks so cute!
    As for number 34- AMAZING- love it! Another great design, and I love all your special wee touches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous makes - the house block is fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kiwi bird is so cute! You make fabulous paper pieced stuff!!

      Delete
  9. Another great paper pieced block (well two actually!). Love the fabric for your path and your kiwi's feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely paper pieced block.. And that is such a wonderful iris !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That house is amazing!! and the cat out front - ahh! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cute house! so many details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The house is adorable! I love all the little details like the cute little numbers and the cute cat in the front!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That little house is just way too cute - clever you! And the kiwi is awesome - perhaps we will make you an honorary Kiwi!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute wee house. Good September for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. EEEKK! that house block, omg. I die!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, your house block is AMAZING! I love the print you chose for the roof - it's just perfect! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - I'm following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh - that house block is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are a paper piecing machine! I have never thought to incorporate the selvage numbers into the house. This piece is slowly making me fall in love with selvage - I've been trying to resist the pull.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing! Your paper piecing is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this block! You really are a talented paper piecer Kristy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!